Twice-Told Tale

The Student News Site of Lake Highland Preparatory School

Twice-Told Tale

Twice-Told Tale

Highlanders Capture Hearts

%28Above%29+Similarly+to+Dani%2C+Carolyn+Rogers%2C+grade+12%2C+and+Renessa+Ghosh%2C+grade+11%2C+also+worked+carnvial+games+at+the+pop-up+event%2C+including+a+game+in+which+every+child+won+a+stuffed+animal.+
Ms. Ginger Bryant
(Above) Similarly to Dani, Carolyn Rogers, grade 12, and Renessa Ghosh, grade 11, also worked carnvial games at the pop-up event, including a game in which every child won a stuffed animal.

Once a year, a single day out of the school year is dedicated to giving back to the community. Heart of a Highlander is an event where students are granted a day off school in order to have an opportunity to give back to their communities by volunteering. Highlanders like to show their support for their communities by volunteering at places such as care centers, cleaning up the environment, making cards for veterans, and anything else to help out the community. David Copperfield’s Project Magic spent Heart of a Highlander day embarking on Park Lake Presbyterian Child Care Center. Project Magic provided a pop-up carnival with face painters, balloon artists, stilt walkers, and carnival games in which every child won a stuffed animal. By dedicating this single day to volunteering, Highlanders can brighten so many people’s days. 

(Above) Ava Sharon, grade 12, is seen interacting with the young kids as they fight her with their balloon swords and balloon animals. David Copperfield’s Project Magic’s pop-up carnival consisted of stilt walking, balloon animals, face painting, and other fun carnival games. (Ms. Ginger Bryant)
(Above) Dani Lensky, grade 10, was enjoying their experience painting the faces of kids at Park Lake Presbyterian Child Care Center. Face painting is a memory that children will cherish. (Ms. Ginger Bryant)
(Above) At the Heart of a Highlander visit to the Coalition for the Homeless, students provide free meals for homeless people cafeteria-style. Food warms the soul and that is exactly what these students did for the people in need. (Mr. Bob Gall)
(Above) By delivering the pop-up carnival, Project Magic gave the children of Park Lake Presbyterian Child Care Center a very fun day. An activity that the children enjoyed was face painting where the children had many different options to choose from their imaginations. When families endure struggle, fun activities are a great way to distract kids the fun way. (Ms. Ginger Bryant)
(Above) The face painting activity was a hit for the children. Children got to choose from a very extensive list of possibilities for their face paintings. Renessa Ghosh, grade 11, is seen with a beautiful rainbow pattern on her face, while Carolyn Rogers, grade 12, works behind her.
(Ms. Ginger Bryant)