Twice-Told Tale

The Student News Site of Lake Highland Preparatory School

Twice-Told Tale

Twice-Told Tale

What Can Happen in a Week

Elizabeth Rudd
(Above) Sitting down at the beautiful La Piazza del Villaggio Ristorante there is an incredible view of the mountains and buildings all around. This Italian restaurant is located in Telluride, Colorado. Inside there is a variety of well-made Italian foods where it is so clear that they put so much effort into every dish. The food is so good that it tastes like it’s from Italy. The servers and the staff are all so welcoming and kind it makes guests want to come back. It is open from lunch to dinner and is an easy place if you need a place to eat during a long day of skiing. Above the restaurant there is a gondola which brings residents and visitors into town, shops, and so much more.

Students look forward to many events throughout the year, but Spring Break is one of the most anticipated times of the year. In preparation for this time of year, the staff members of Lake Highland Preparatory School’s Twice-Told Tale captured excited memories during Winter Break.  This exciting outlet of pictures offers readers the opportunity to be inspired and add future trips to their bucket lists. Places such as Costa Rica, California, and New York City are waiting to be explored. The Twice-Told Tale Staff offers an exciting opportunity for readers to explore.

(Above) On day five of the AP Human Geography and AP Environmental Science field trip to Costa Rica, the group ended the day with kayaking on the Arenal Lake, which gave them the perfect view of the Arenal Volcano. Arenal Lake is the country’s largest lake, being approximately thirty kilometers long and nearly 5 kilometers wide at its widest point. Everyone was partnered up in pairs of two, making this activity a real bonding experience. Students and teachers were also given the opportunity to swim in the lake. The views were breathtaking, especially as it was nearing sunset. (Alyssa Wiboon)
(Above) When the Fourth of July rolls around every year, The Breakers always goes out of their way to make it an over the top celebration with a lot of fun activities like games for kids, movies by the pool, loud music, lots of food, and most importantly, the fireworks. Almost all of the residents at The Breakers come at the scheduled time to sit down on the provided chairs neatly organized in rows and watch the bright and extraordinary fireworks. (Yara Koteish)
(Above) From November 17, 2023 to January 17, 2024, the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens hosted its fourth annual Asian Lantern Festival. Traditional Chinese lanterns were situated on a ¾ mile loop around the zoo, though animals were hidden as the festival was after hours. (Delaney Bolstein)
(Above) At the Hacienda Alsacia Starbucks Coffee Farm in Costa Rica, LHP students learned from a tour guide about the process of growing coffee plants. Students got to see demonstrative coffee plants while learning about the beans growing their “butterfly” leaves to capture sunlight, and then eventually shedding those for their primary maturing leaves. (Serena Young)
(Above) Although Abba began over 50 years ago in Sweden by a group of four, two women and two men, they are still greatly appreciated and loved by millions of people. Making a comeback in 2008 due to most of their songs being in the hit movie, Mama Mia! Even today, Abba has its very own Abba Arena in London, England. The Abba Arena puts on a virtual show almost every night for fans to attend and enjoy the amazing band. It is an AI video that looks very realistic and gives the impression that you are watching Abba live. (Sofia Cohen)
(Above) When thinking about skiing, someone may think of Colorado or Utah, but my family loves to go to Lake Tahoe, California. California has an amazing reputation for its hot weather and beaches, but its skiing deserves much more credit for how beautiful it is. Our close family friend, Cathy, is seen snowboarding. Cathy can do many tricks, and something she’s training for next is a flip! I can only ski up to level Blue, but I hope she will teach me next time how to snowboard. (Savannah Fondo)
(Above) In NYC there is an adventure around every corner, with locations waiting to be discovered. Union Square and other locations are waiting to be explored. (Emily Cypher)